Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into half moons
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pour the oil into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and place in the oven until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the oiled dish, and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning after 10 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- After the 20 minutes is up, remove the potatoes from the oven, and sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture. Stir to coat. Return to the oven, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Stir potatoes as necessary to allow them to brown evenly.
- Remove potatoes to paper towels to drain, then transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with lime juice.
I made this mainly for Scoob since he loves candied yams. I liked that it was sweet without being over-the-top and that it uses real sweet potatoes instead of pureed yams from a can.