Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tomato and Snap Pea Couscous Salad

I made this recipe last weekend and loved it. The snap peas in the couscous were a sweet surprise when I bit into them. I'm pretty sure I'll keep this in rotation as the weather warms up since it doesn't require much in the way of cooking. I'm sure it would make a nice side for just about anything.

Tomato and Snap Pea Couscous Salad

Cooking time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 cup couscous
    ¾ pound cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
    ¼ pound snap peas, thinly sliced
    ½ cup torn fresh basil
    ½ tsp grated lemon zest
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    salt and pepper

Directions
  1. Place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup hot, almost boiling, water, cover and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff with fork. Add the snap peas, basil, leamon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
  2. Add the tomatoes just before serving.

This was really tasty and the leftovers disappeared quickly. A note about the leftovers though—If you expect to have leftovers, keep the tomatoes separate from the rest of the salad. I didn't do this when I made it and the couscous that stuck to the tomatoes became very soggy and pasty for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment