As I got older I found I liked cauliflower raw. But still, it's not something I go out of my way for.
But this, dear friends, this is the most glorious cauliflower I've ever eaten. I don't have a picture for this one. Or maybe I took one at some point and just decided it didn't look good. But trust me, it is delicious. When the weather is cool enough for oven cooking, I make sure I always have a head of cauliflower in the fridge. If I don't, I swear I'm like a cauliflower junkie—I start to get anxious about where I can get some and when I can get my next cauliflower fix.
Roasted Garlicy CauliflowerTotal time: 35 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450°. Toss cauliflower, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly coated with oil and place in 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese and roast for 15 minutes.
- Stir the cauliflower, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, and continue roasting for 10 minutes.
- Flip on the broiler for 3–5 minutes, until golden brown on top.
I love that the ingredient list is small and it takes almost nothing in prep time. Make sure you get the bits that stick to the pan… mmmmmm.