Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Aftermath

So, while I was writing my earlier post I noticed that I was having difficulty seeing and typing, and within minutes of publishing that post I was slammed with a full blown migraine.

That difficulty seeing and typing is characteristic of my auras preceding a migraine--I develop blind spots in the center of my field of vision and begin to lose sensation in my fingertips. The really bad ones can even rob me of some speech and cognitive ability (though I'm sure some would argue I lose that well enough without the migraine as an excuse).

So after my yoga and blog post I proceeded to call in sick, take my migraine meds, and crawl back into bed. I surfaced, oh, around 2 in the afternoon and the med-fog began to clear around 6.

If this is what working out in the morning does to me, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. But, we're going to try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment