Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How It All Started

I've been kicking around the idea of starting a blog for some time now. I enjoy reading other people's blogs and have recommended that friends and family start some, but today, I decided I'd start one myself. Although this is my first post, the story of it really started yesterday.

Yesterday I was reading my BFF's blog (I'd link to it, but it's password protected) and she was talking about trying to get up earlier in the morning to exercise, something I've also been struggling with. So I volunteered to be her morning workout buddy.

Now, we actually live about 600 miles apart, so we're not really going to workout together, it's more like motivating each other to drag our butts our of bed--what happens after that is anyone's guess. "I'll call you if you'll call me." I believe those were my exact words. And let me tell you, 5 a.m. doesn't sound so unforgivable at 3 p.m. the day before.

My plan to be in bed by 10 p.m. was shot to bits the moment we got home after work and dinner. We have two cats, Tank and Dozer, and Dozer has a penchant for puking. But of course I didn't find her mess the normal way. No. I found it after I flopped onto the bed. In my hair. Even better than that, Sweetie was already in the shower so I had to wait until he was done before I could begin to clean up.

Aside from that, it was a good night. We spent some time troubleshooting my laptop (it's nearly as slow as warm molasses now) and we made it to bed around midnight. Yeah, so 5 a.m. came darn early. But I called my friend. Twice. I didn't manage to get her on the phone, but I did manage to do about 40 minutes of yoga. Nothing too strenuous. You gotta ease into these things you know. Gotta sneak up on it.

So I'm up way too dang early. I figured if this is going to be a habit, I might as well make some use of the extra time in the mornings, hence this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so sorry about your discovery! I am cringing for you even though it happened a couple days ago now!

    ReplyDelete