Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moons and Myths



The moon was beautiful last night and Scoob and I passed some time trying to get a good photo of it. Aside from that I watched Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel. Mythbusters is filmed locally and they got a little carried away a couple of weeks ago while trying to see if ones socks could be literally knocked off by igniting 500 pounds of ammonium nitrate.

They always look like they're having such fun crashing, exploding, shooting, dropping, stabbing, or otherwise destroying this week's projects that it kinda makes me wish I'd studied more science and engineering.

Speaking of education, I ran across this video and it really got me thinking about how quickly things have changed, not just over a generation, but even just in the last few years. How do you prepare or train for a job that doesn't even exist? And how do we make sure that kids get the foundation skills they'll need so that they are flexible enough to learn and adapt as the world continues to change?

I keep meaning to take my car in for maintenance. It's been about 10,000 miles since my last oil change and the tires are overdue for rotation as well. I know I need to take care of these things before they become much bigger problems, which made this how to talk to a mechanic comic strip more relevant than I would like.

Lastly, I'll leave you with some amazing animal photography to take a look at. Some of these photos are so amazing they almost look like paintings, especially the ostriches. If you make it down to the fox, that's how my cat Tank likes to lie down on the bed. He gets up near my head and then lays down, and when he squints like that, it's like he thinks he can will me to pet him. Well, maybe he can, because I always end up petting him. The red panda near the end is just too cute. Yes, too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment