Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend

I meant to post this before I went out of town this weekend so y'all wouldn't waste your valuable blog reading time here while I was gone, but things got a little hectic before I left Friday afternoon and I didn't quite get to it.

So guess what, I was out of town last weekend at my sister's junior college graduation.



That's her giving us the double thumbs up while exiting the gymnasium. I clearly need to work on photographing things in motion. I actually kind of like this shot, though.

Anyhow, Scoob stayed home and I did the 230 mile drive up to Humboldt County and back on my own. Other than the part where I had to deal with rush hour traffic getting out of town on a Friday, the drive was enjoyable. The hills are still green, all the grass will turn golden in a few weeks, and we had gorgeous weather.

I got to hang out a bit with my sis and meet her new cat, Boogey.



And hang out with mom and dad and their new dog, Bunjee.



Yep, it was a pretty good weekend. The drive home was damn hot. The thermometer hit 100° just before I cut across the bay coming home. Even though I made sure I was drinking water, I think I still got a bit dehydrated. And of course I had the sunroof open, so I got a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders.

Anyhow, I got home, hit the shower, and promptly took a nap on the living room floor. But now I'm up, blogging at you, doing laundry, and getting ready for the week.

Exciting, huh? Aren't you glad I shared all that?

No comments:

Post a Comment