Monday, March 15, 2010

Chicken and Parsley Couscous

I liked this when I made it for dinner last night, but discovered I liked it even more for lunch the next day.

Chicken and Parsley Couscous—you know you want some
Side note: Pictures from the iPhone aren't half bad, are they?


Chicken and Parsley Couscous


Ingredients
    1 cups couscous, cooked by package directions
    1 cup diced bell pepper (yellow is what I had in the fridge)
    2 portobelinni mushrooms, chopped
    1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
    2 Tbsps minced, fresh parsley
    1 Tbsp lemon zest
    1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    juice from ½ a lemon
    salt and pepper to taste
    ½ cup loose leaf spinach per plate/bowl
    1 Tbsp crumbled feta per plate/bowl

Directions
  1. in a bowl, mix the couscous, bell pepper, chicken, parsley, and lemon zest. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix again.
  2. Spoon over a bed of spinach leaves and top with feta.


I think I liked this better as leftovers for lunch because I microwaved the spinach leaves with the couscous when I warmed it up so they were wilted and mixed throughout. And the lemony flavor seems much stronger today. Yum! (Also, found it much easier to eat from a bowl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment