Chicken and Parsley Couscous—you know you want some
Side note: Pictures from the iPhone aren't half bad, are they?
Chicken and Parsley Couscous
- 1 cups couscous, cooked by package directions
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (yellow is what I had in the fridge)
- 2 portobelinni mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 Tbsps minced, fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup loose leaf spinach per plate/bowl
- 1 Tbsp crumbled feta per plate/bowl
- in a bowl, mix the couscous, bell pepper, chicken, parsley, and lemon zest. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix again.
- Spoon over a bed of spinach leaves and top with feta.
I think I liked this better as leftovers for lunch because I microwaved the spinach leaves with the couscous when I warmed it up so they were wilted and mixed throughout. And the lemony flavor seems much stronger today. Yum! (Also, found it much easier to eat from a bowl.)