Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

All in all, this getting up early thing is starting to get easier. I think it helps that I'm not giving myself a wake-up buffer before I start my morning exercises. If I don't jump right into yoga, the challenge is finding something to do during that buffer time, otherwise I fall back to sleep. Like Monday. And yesterday.

Even though I didn't have enough time to fit in my yoga, I did get some stretching in and overall, I'm still up moving around earlier than I used to, and that's gotta be a good thing.

But not today, today I exercised.

I ran across this shower manager contraption the other day over on the Gather Little by Little blog. I bet my mom would have loved to have had this when I was a teen. I liked one reader's comment about using a light timer. Mom just shut off the hot water--that seemed to do the trick just fine. I'm better about conserving water now; I turn off the flow while brushing my teeth and I don't leave it running while I'm scrubbing up dishes in the sink, but there's no way my showers are down to 5, 8, or even, 11 minutes.

I found this article on wisdom from TimesOnline an interesting read this morning, if only for how the individual people have learned or applied particular pieces of wisdom from or in their lives. I especially liked the pieces from Clint Eastwood, Judi Dench, Madeleine Albright, and Billie Jean King.

As much as I feel you have to take Michael Moore with a shaker of salt (not just a grain), there's usually a nugget of truth entombed in his rants. After reading his latest from Monday I have to wonder, Just how connected are rising health care costs and failing mortgages? We're able to afford our mortgage, but if we incurred significant and unexpected health care costs, would we be screwed? Probably.

More thoughts on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment