Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scattered

Scoob treated me to dinner tonight and we decided to try a new sushi place near the grocery store since we needed to do the shopping too. The food was pretty good, and the prices just as reasonable as the sushi place we usually go to, but the atmosphere was just…odd. It felt like the guys behind the sushi bar were giving us the stink eye the whole time, well, at least until their friends came in. Then we were just ignored.

The 99¢ sake helped smooth my ruffled feathers, though. But I'm not sure it was a good idea to drink all that sake right before grocery shopping. I'm pretty sure I forgot something. I just don't know what it is. But, I did get everything I need to start experimenting with recipes to recreate the tasty lunches I had last week.

Unfortunately, there was bad news waiting for us when we got home. Dad had called and left a message that one of his brothers was in a head-on collision today. After the other vehicle hit him, my uncle's rig broke through the guardrail, overturned, and caught fire. The other driver was pronounced dead at the scene and my uncle is in the hospital with several broken ribs, a punctured lung, and lots of cuts and bruises.

Dad and his 3 brothers are all commercial truck drivers. Even though I know it's a dangerous occupation, none of them has ever been involved in a serious accident, at least not that I know of, and news of the wreck shook me quite a bit.

Scoob was in the shower when I spoke to dad. When he got out he found me somewhat preoccupied while putting away the groceries—apparently the milk does not belong in the pantry. Anyhow, still feeling a bit scatterbrained. I thought maybe if I put my thoughts down here and took a hot shower I could wind down enough to sleep. So, I'm off to do the second part of that plan.

2 comments:

  1. Dude I am sorry. I will pray for you all today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you & the extended family in my prayers. Hope your uncle is on the mend in very short order.

    ReplyDelete