White Bean and Artichoke Salad
White Bean and Artichoke SaladTotal time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups white beans (2–15oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1–14oz can quartered artichoke hearts (I sliced them once more for eighths.)
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced (1 stalk)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced (15 or so whole olives)
- ⅓ cup packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine beans, artichoke hearts, red and yellow bell peppers, onion, celery, olives, and herbs in a large bowl. Place olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a small sealable jar and shake to combine, then pour over the content of the bowl and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, to let the flavors meld.
I used a combination of a couple recipes I found online as a jumping off point, but knew it wasn't going to be as good as what I got at the Pasta Shop. So I made a couple substitutions and additions and I really like how this turned out just as it is. I don't think I'll change a thing when I make this again.
Speaking of which, now that I've tasted it, I think I'll take this to tomorrow's barbeque instead of the Green Bean Salad. Though both are yummy. Actually, Scoob is a little resentful that I'll be taking the next batch to work. Maybe I'll have to make a double so we'll have some at home too. Either way, I'll need to stop at the store on my way home from work tonight.