Scoob's only complaint was that we didn't have a sourdough bread to go with it. My only complaint is that I only had one squash to cook. No leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I'll definitely be getting more squash.
Baked Butternut Squash
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley (or 2 Tbsps. fresh, chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° and combine first six ingredients in a bowl and let sit while prepping the squash.
- Add the squash and cheese, and toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased, shallow 2-quart baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes, or until squash is tender.
I've got a head of cauliflower in the fridge waiting to be roasted, but I seriously need to make this again. Soon.