Monday, October 5, 2009

Baked Butternut Squash

Okay, so I made the butternut squash for dinner last night, and it was amazingly good and super easy. I liked that it wasn't a soup or puree—that's pretty much the only way I've eaten butternut squash up to now. And it was sweet, even though I didn't add any kind of sweetener. Even though most people would probably consider this a side, this was our main last night along with a salad.

Scoob's only complaint was that we didn't have a sourdough bread to go with it. My only complaint is that I only had one squash to cook. No leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I'll definitely be getting more squash.


Baked Butternut Squash


Cooking time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
    1 Tbsp. dried parsley (or 2 Tbsps. fresh, chopped)
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp. salt
    ½ tsp. pepper
    ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
    ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400° and combine first six ingredients in a bowl and let sit while prepping the squash.
  2. Add the squash and cheese, and toss to coat.
  3. Transfer to an ungreased, shallow 2-quart baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes, or until squash is tender.


I've got a head of cauliflower in the fridge waiting to be roasted, but I seriously need to make this again. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment