Monday, October 12, 2009

Rockin' the Tunes

So, while I thought I had my new computer fully set up, it turns out I had neglected one small, yet very important (at least to me) part—I never fully integrated my iTunes from the laptop to this computer. So I did that today and, really, it only took about 10 minutes to download iTunes and sync it to my iPod thereby transferring my entire library. Done! Now I wonder why in the heck I'd been putting it off. I thought it was going to be a major headache.

So now, with iTunes loaded, and a working disc drive, I'm loading more of my ancient CD collection into iTunes. I had started doing this on the laptop several years ago and my disc drive conked out way back then. It also seems I packed away my CDs at that point, so we'll need to dig around in the garage for that box. In the meantime I've been downloading new songs and redeeming Pick of the Week cards from Starbucks, so I've got a fresh batch of music to add to rotation. Yea!

Interestingly enough, I've discovered that I'm something of a metal head when it comes to music, or at least I was in high school and my early 20s. Scoob was playing around with the television remote some time last week and accidentally did something to the tuner and we now get a ton of channels that we didn't used to. Probably should have done that when the stations began switching over to HD broadcasts, but we didn't and some of our favorite channels had been disappearing. But they're all back now and then some.

For example, we now get VH1 and we watched the 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs, well we watched the last 15 of the top 100 anyhow, and nearly all of the songs were favorites of mine. With the exception of Black Sabbath, Metallica, Dio, and Iron Maiden, I had considered all those songs as just rock, not hard rock or metal. Poison, Guns n' Roses, Van Halen, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Aerosmith—those bands are all rock in my book.

The show was a little painful to watch, really. Mostly because it was hosted by Brett Michaels, and the guy has had some serious plastic surgery done. I know he had a serious car wreck and I'm sure some of the surgery was reconstructive. But. My. God. Those lips. Step away from the silicone. Please. The hair and tight, tight spandex pants in the music videos were also painful. Oh my, what were they (we) thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment