Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ear Worm

I've been playing hide-n-seek with a migraine for the past 3 days and I'm nearing my wits' end. I had the onset aura of a migraine within 10 minutes of arriving at work Thursday morning. Within minutes I was having trouble seeing, so there was no way I could drive home. I took one of my migraine pills and found an empty office to crawl into for an hour or so and thought I'd successfully beat back the migraine before the pain started.

I went back to my desk to try and at least accomplish something and found I was having a difficult time comprehending anything I was reading. Since my job is basically reading, that kinda sucked. Then a co-worker came by to talk about setting up one of our regular Drink Nights that 4 or 5 of us do every so often.

When she asked me if I could talk to Susan about drinks I said, "Sure, I can talk to Susan. Who's Susan?" My co-worker immediately knew something was wrong because Susan was my boss for 4 years and there's no way I wouldn't know who she was. But at that moment, I could not for the life of me figure out who Susan was.

Shortly after that the aura started coming back and I went home. Luckily, my current boss gets migraines too. Okay, that sounded wrong. It's not lucky that he gets migraines, but lucky that he's completely sympathetic about migraines. He and another editor and I all seem to get our migraines within days of each other. In fact, my boss went home with a headache about 30 minutes after I did.

Friday wasn't too bad. I was able to work and attend meetings (and remember peoples' names), but I was still a little spacey. Around 10 o'clock last night the aura started coming back so I went to bed. Today our neighbors called to see if we wanted to go to San Jose for the afternoon. As much as I would have liked to go, the pressure in my head is telling me that this migraine isn't quite done with me yet. It would really suck to be stuck outside in the sunshine if this finally decides go past the aura part and bring on the pain.

So I'm here at home telling you all about my brain (aren't you lucky?) and Scoob's out having fun. But I don't mind, it means I get some peace and quiet and can just relax. Though the pain pills would probably make me relax regardless.

On to something else.

One of my friends from elementary school posted this video parody to her facebook status and I can't get it out of my head. It's even funnier because her two little girls have been prancing around the house singing it!




Here's the original if you live under a rock you've never heard/seen it before:



Now, if you'll excuse, I gotta put some cream on it.


Whoa-oh-oooh Oh-oh-oh Oh Oh Oh Oh-oh-oh

(P.S.—I am not liking how videos look on this page design. Things may change around here yet again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment