Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Lied

Sorry, folks. I lied. No hummingbird pictures today. It was raining off and on yesterday during the day. And when it wasn’t raining, the wind was whipping the branches around and I couldn’t get a good picture. The nest was empty besides.

What I did notice, though, is that one side of the nest seems to be split or broken. So they may be done with the nest after all.

But I do have a picture of something else for you.



That would be my assistant, Madame Barf-O-Matic, sleeping on the job while sleeping On. The. Job. She’s such a talented multi-tasker.

I know we’ve covered how much I love working from home, and I really do love it. If I were able to work from home more often I would probably invest in a more ergonomic set up so I don’t feel so twisted up at the end of the day. Of course it doesn’t help that I was sitting at the desk most of the weekend, too, doing freelance work. More about that later in the week.

Here are some of the things I love most about working from home, in no particular order:
  • I don’t have to tangle with a commute.
  • I don’t have to change out of sweatpants if I don’t want to. And I don’t want to.
  • I can start a load of laundry or move one to the dryer during a quick break.
  • I can empty the dishwasher while I wait for a cup of water to heat for tea. I could do that at the office too, but I’d still have a load of my dishes waiting for me when I got home.
  • I have access to a stove and a toaster oven and can actually make real food for lunch instead of microwavable frozen semi-crap food.
  • I could vacuum the house during my lunch break. I don’t want to. And I didn’t. But I could.
  • I can get up at anytime and do 10 or 15 minutes on the elliptical machine while I give my eyes a screen break and not have to go to a gym, or worry about fixing my hair and make-up before returning to work.
  • I can make phone calls for personal reasons during actual business hours or check something out online and not worry about “inappropriate use of company resources.”
  • I don’t have to wear a bra if I don’t want to.
  • I can have a kitty on my desk and reach up to scratch it behind the ears at any time.
  • I don’t have to smell someone else’s funky lunch smell from the kitchen, and they don’t have to smell mine.
  • I can have music playing through speakers instead of ear buds jammed into my ears.
  • I don’t have to listen to the Union Pacific and Amtrak thundering by 20 yards from my cubicle every 20–30 minutes blasting their horns.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! Sounds like many of my reasons for not going back to work and for homeschooling the girls! :D

    ReplyDelete