Monday, May 31, 2010

Southern Oregon Weekend

It's been a pretty quiet weekend at mom's. Right up until the fighter jets flew over just a moment ago. And now it's back to being quiet.

Yesterday, mom and I (and the dog, Gracie) sat out on the patio and enjoyed the sunshine while we visited. No real plans. No to-do list that needed items ticked off. Just us hanging out and talking about whatever topic came up and admiring her flowers.

Mom had to work on Saturday, so I spent the afternoon at grandma's house visiting and helping her get a handle on email. We're heading over to grandma's for dinner tonight. And that's really the only thing we have to do today, but we may run out to Home Depot or run a couple of other errands that we put off yesterday.

I'm just sitting here at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee looking out the front window at the plants and flowers. It rained last night, so everything is fresh and bright. And the scents of Sweet Williams and iris are being carried in to me on a light breeze. At the moment, I'm having a hard time imagining anything more relaxing.

Sounds like we're going to take Gracie out for a walk. I guess I'd better get some shoes on.

However you're spending your holiday weekend, I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I am.

(Apparently I have huge thumbs. They make blogging from the iPhone tedeious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment