Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Day at the Farm

So what about the farm? We went to the Renaissance Fair on Sunday and had a fun time. It's probably not something I could do weekend after weekend, or probably more than once or twice a year, but it was fun. There were some truly amazing costumes and real jousting. I still can't get over the jousting. I assumed it would be simulated jousting with no real weapons involved or "animals harmed in the making," you know crunchy-Berkeley style—but this was full-contact. And while the horses weren't harmed, they were winded (and beautiful). I took a couple videos of the jousting, but I can't seem to figure out where my camera has stored them or how to get them out just yet.

Dude, and check out the codpieces some of those guys are sporting. You so don't want one of those guys standing too close behind you in line. I had the hardest time not laughing my arse off the first time I noticed them, and seriously, how do you not notice them when they're practically tall enough to plant a flag in one and claim it for Spain.



Yeah, those codpieces, or is that codpi?









I had just as much fun checking out the animals and other stuff on the farm.






This shed reminded me of a similar catch-all

spot at my great-grandparent's place.



No comments:

Post a Comment