Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looong Weekend

So I made it to the library and picked up all 25 of my books on hold and immediately proceeded to drop 20 of them into the returns bin. There's just absolutely no way I'm going to read all those before they're due. Even if I renew them. So anyhow, I've got 5 and I started reading the first one, One Fifth Avenue, last night. I'm not sure what to expect from this book but I'm hoping that since it's written by the same person who wrote the Sex in the City book that it'll at least be entertaining. Not that I read the Sex in the City book, but I've seen enough of the TV series based on the book that I feel I know what her humor is or will be.

I met a new neighbor coming home from work tonight. Well the neighbor isn't new, we've just never spoken. Anyhow, she has the cutest puppy. I saw it for the first time last week, but seeing as how I had to walk right by her and the dog tonight, I stopped to say hello. Seriously, if I didn't already have Tank and Dozer, well, and if I had a yard, I would try to adopt one.

Labor Day weekend is approaching fast and I have to take a mandatory furlough day on Friday, so it's an extra-long weekend for me. I'm trying to figure out what I'll do. The Bay Bridge is closed this weekend, so I definitely won't be driving into the city. I was seriously thinking about pricing airline tickets to get away for the weekend, but then I remembered that Scoob doesn't have Friday off. He doesn't watch the calendar at all and was surprised to learn that he has Monday off.

This is my last of the 6 required furlough days, and I've kind of been enjoying it. Well, at except for the part where I get my paycheck. So far the company is tracking at 98% of our projection for the fiscal year, which hopefully means things will get back to normal soon at the office. We might actually be able to hire someone to replace at least 1 of the 3 editors we've lost to attrition. Or, we might even be able to start getting raises again. Or, hey, we might start seeing the employer contribution to our 401(k)s again.

I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment